Continuing with the thought of adding more variety and challenging enemies, I started painting up this big Xeno.
A zenithal prime was the starting point from which I used my newly acquired Artis Opus drybrush. I'm not very experienced with drybrushing large portions of a miniature and the results didn't quite match the vision I had in my head. I think it turned out decently well, but it was more difficult than I expected. It turned out quite a bit more 'blue' than the artwork. In hindsight, it probably could have been done by just applying some Army Painter Invader Shader over a gray primer to be a closer match.
After playing a few games with this Abomination, I can say it is by far my favorite. Whenever it comes out on the board, the game strategy changes. The drybrushing technique that led to some nice subtle transitions really has been growing on me and every time I see it come out on the board, I ask myself if I really painted that. I'm not suggesting it is Golden Deamon material, but it looks 'different' than what I've painted in the past and I just really like it. ;)
Paints used for this model:
Next up on the workbench:
Post a Comment