Feydra is one of the few characters with the potential to have the Camouflage ability, but must wait until red to be able to use it. The free move action is nice to have with the option to be able to move more freely or beef up the combat at yellow. Free move + unstoppable + camouflage could lead to 'breaking' some scenarios, but is definitely an interesting combination.
Feydra has some physical similarities to Abe Sapien from Hellboy II - except for the tail and arm webbing...
As you can see by the paints uses, I opted for the oils again. After gaining more confidence on Butcher Carl, I may be a convert... There are still things I find easier to do with acrylics, but in general, any model that has larger areas (cloaks, skin, bags, etc) are so much more of a pleasure to paint with oils. Even edge-highlighting of small details is a lot easier to do with the oils. I'll stick with acrylics for any characters that I've painted other characters with similar details (white armor for example), but the next 4/5 characters in the pipeline are all planned to do in oil.
Went a little more towards purple with the back of the jacket which more accurately matches the character card. Not sure that was on purpose, but it is what it is. There are plenty of other characters with red jackets/coats/etc so going with something different for this alien is probably ok.
I've been having quite a bit of trouble with the eyes. It seemed much easier with acrylics - I'm just not sure what the trick is with the oils.
The blog posting queue has turned a bit more complicated as this character was done about a week ago. Since testing to see if the oils are 'dry' is somewhat of a destructive process, I've been giving them what I hope is 'plenty' of time to cure and waiting a week before sealing them. It should all even out, but I've now got to keep track of what day they were completed to know when it should be safe to seal. Mixing in acrylic-painted minis along with the oils makes it even more wonky. For now, I guess I'll just keep publishing them in numbered order rather than sending out the acrylic models early.
Paints used on this model:
Next up on the workbench: